Hey...Is Anybody There?

Sunday, January 1, 2017

I ask because I have been nothing short of a truly horrible blogger for the last year!

I'm not going to lie - last year was a weird year...lots of loss both personally (friends' dads - which I can't even begin to wrap my mind around, people's appendixes and gallbladders, and people's heartbreak), socially (mostly politically for me, although Hollywood icons are a close second), and professionally (former boss, treasured co-workers, opportunities that came and went, lives of precious students taken way too soon). In the same breath, there were so many positives from 2016 - lots of learning: from my mistakes, my short-comings, from new people in my life, from people who made an appearance in my life, and from people who have been a part of my fabric for as long as I can remember...last year was an exceptional year of growth for me.

Speaking of growth, my girls are really growing up - they are seeking their independence (which is totally normal, but true to form, I buried my head in the sand instead of preparing for it), and that has been an adjustment for all of us. I think I was born to be a doting mom (or a helicopter, as the girls prefer to call it), and my "mom duties" have shifted. Dramatically! Silver lining? I feel like we've learned how to reasonably navigate the storm now.

All in all, I think most Americans were just ready for 2016 and all of its crazy hot messiness to be over with, and here we are with a bright, shiny, brand-spanking new year ahead of us! That's exciting to me, and I hope it is for you as well!

After some reflecting, I think my "Blog-Everyday-For-a-Year" thing in 2015 was completely unrealistic and draining for me, and it created the perfect storm for some serious burnout; however, at the same time, writing is ridiculously therapeutic for me. So here I am, giving it another go!

"Starting today," whispered Captain Obvious.

Here are a few things I'm looking forward to in 2017:
-Passion Planning
-Daily Om
-Mint Droppers Shape Up Challenge
-Finishing the last class of my Principal Certification
-Teaching Cee what it's all about behind the wheel (eeeks...)
-Helping Jay manage the millions of things that she faces each day
-Evolving into a true volleyball mom (there are so many things I don't know!)
-Making room for everything else that comes along

A wise person once told my oldest little sister, Samantha,


"You must surround yourself with people more talented 
than you and better than you; that's how you grow."

I'm going to take that gem to heart this year!

How about you? What are you looking forward to in 2017?


Happiest New Year wishes to you and yours, much love to all, and thank you for taking the time to read along. Peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs