'Tis the Season

Saturday, December 19, 2015

I always look forward to the obligatory "I'm-so-over-you-and-your-camera-and-these-pictures," shot each year when we stop to capture that one eventually magical moment that will grace the cover of our Christmas card. I am so behind on Christmas cards. This year they'll be Celebrate the Season cards instead, if we're lucky, so that should buy me some time through about February, right?

I just can't quite grasp why catching that one picture is so difficult each year or why I try so hard to capture it, but I did get it yesterday, I think. We prepare ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally for our Christmas pictures, but when it comes down to it, Christmas pictures don't usually end in happiness and such...

And therefore, I tend to lean on the side of pessimism by looking forward to the fun times that have become our out-takes. These happened spontaneously while I continually asked them not to step on the bacon bits in the water, to stand here and there, and the next thing I knew, there were poses I didn't expect.

Here are my faves of our shoot...





Just as I plan for several months in advance of where we'll take our Christmas pictures, I'm pretty sure they equally conspire on what words I'll say that force them into these poses...kind of like a coach calling plays, but with out the same level of competency generally associated with someone called "coach."

Yesterday was the perfect storm for great pictures and a fabulous "we-all-lost-our-mind-at-the-same-time" scenario.

But I got the pic.

And it will be in your mailbox before 2016.

Peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs