Excess and Tragedy

Sunday, November 15, 2015

 $40; 1,933 tickets; 2 hours. I think we have earned honorary mention for pictures that define excess...I mean, who wouldn't pay $40 bucks for a couple of sets of redneck teeth and a little bit of candy?


Jay's end-of-season soccer party was nothing short of a great time, and I am so proud of those girls for the great season they played!

In the meantime, I'm completely overwhelmed by all things Paris.

I spent 2.5 weeks in France when I was 20. Ten days in the French Alps, and the rest of the time either in Paris or on a train going to/from Paris.

Paris is a place that, if it's "for you," you just instantly fall in love with - hard and fast. What an amazing city - full of beauty, history, and culture. I will never forget my day trip to the Palace of Versailles, riding a double-decker bus with a melting pot of cultures, and feeling completely safe and like I couldn't possibly soak in enough of Louis XIV's residence (after having just learned all about him in Western Civilization, coincidentally my most favorite college course ever).

I walked around Le Seine, visited the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Catacombs, the Tour Montparnasse, Sacre-Coeur, and of course, the Eiffel Tower. I saw David and Le Musee national Picasso.

I wanted to move there, live there, start my life there. I still love Paris with my whole entire heart, and I am shocked, saddened, and overwhelmed by the tragedy that hit one of my favorite cities last Friday.

Obviously my love affair with this incredible city isn't abnormal - the world has truly come together to support the City of Lights and wrap their collective arms around it during this incomprehensible time of tragedy.

Prayers for Paris, prayers for all...

13Novembre

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs