Well, Hello There!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

I'm back. Hi!

In the last two weeks, I have facilitated three trainings; had two super sick kids (curse you, wicked stomach flu!) and conquered an evil sinus infection; attended four soccer games, six soccer practices, my first volleyball game as a parent. I also attended my first middle school football game as a middle school parent of the cheer manager (whoever's idea it was to give Cee a clipboard and a whistle - thank you...you made her 7th grade experience complete with both of those gestures!!). I've been amazed time and time again by my girls, their influences, and their motivations; and to be perfectly honest with you, I have enjoyed every minute of being present with all of it.

I'm not sure my girls have ever been that sick at the same time, and I'm not sure I've ever felt so needed as a mom. It's such a relief that they're both feeling better!

I think one thing I really missed out on last year was being present for all the moments of the girls growing up, and it feels really good to be back on track. This quote showed up in my life last weekend, and I can't get it out of my mind. It's profoundly perfect for where I am right now.



So, in case you missed it, the Pope was here. One of my children asked me on Monday morning, "Who's Pope? He's all over the news!"

It's the end of the previous week and the beginning of the coming week - they now have a full understanding of just exactly who the Pope is, they wish we could have gone to the east coast to see him, and the girls know exactly who he is. What an amazing man!

Speaking of inspired, Jay came home on Thursday talking about Lizzie Velasquez. She told us the whole story of how Lizzie was belittled and bullied, how she was loved unconditionally by her family, pushed to new limits by her teachers, and how she used the hatefulness of others to leverage herself into the position of Activist.

A big part of Jay's enthusiasm for Lizzie was that her teacher was in the movie - pretty cool!

This was us waiting for the movie to start today...


...you won't get an "after" picture because I was a red-nosed, tear-stained mess. The power of the punch created by Lizzie is just incredible to me, and I am glad Jay encouraged us to go see it.

If you have a chance, I hope you'll go see it, too.

If you're reading this, thanks for hanging out and coming back during my "overwhelmed break" - I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!

That's all for now...

Peace.

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs