208/365

Monday, July 27, 2015

All problems call for a solution, right?

Here was ours today.


1) We were so out of our league.
2) We were the only females in the store.
3) While we were waiting in line for our turn, two additional men pulled into the parking lot, parked, walked in behind us, and were provided with service before we were.
4) I'm not really a huge feminist or anything, but I'm not a fan of the chauvinistic type.
5) After we were passed over for the 2nd time, both girls looked at each other and mouthed, "misogynists..." and rolled their eyes.
6) They could have said it out loud and we'd still have been the only three in the store who knew what it meant.
7) I so badly wanted to leave after being passed over; however,...
8) I needed a battery.
9) Like needed a battery so that I could actually leave the location.
10) Needless to say, when we were finally waited on, I had no problem with the girls rolling around the store (literally), playing tag with fuzzy dice, tossing steering wheel covers to each other, using windshield wipers as light sabers, and acting generally less civilized than ever. Not my best parenting moment, but it's freaking 2015, not 1893. A line is a line, and good customer service is good customer service.


I'm nearly off my soap box, but I also noticed this on our Nerdy Trip earlier this month. Men from non-American cultures had no problem cutting in line or completely disregarding the entire concept of a line and its purpose. Whaaaaat? I thought lines were kind of an international concept, but apparently that is not the case. It only happened to my girls twice, and I said, "Oh, excuse me, they are next," both times. But it wasn't just us. After the second time, I started noticing it happen to other women and their children in line as well.

Where is Aretha when you need her?

Okay {steps off soap box}. That's all for now.

Sorry. I'm really done now. 
Goodbye. :)

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs