206/365

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Jay was supposed to be with her dad last night, but because of the fever and other fun stuff that accompanies fever, she stayed here with me. She is the sweetest patient and the best snuggler ever!

For those of you who know how crazy her fevers have been every since she was born, you know that launching into the 104 range is pretty much the norm for her (even with fever reducers like Advil and Tylenol).

I have to say - this is the first fever episode she has ever had where we never crossed the 102 mark. 10 years. First time.

Call me crazy, but I'm giving 100% credit to my Young Living Essential Oils! As soon as her fever started Friday morning, I immediately rubbed Thieves oil on the bottoms of her feet to support her immune system. I reapplied each time I gave her Tylenol, and I also used Thieves, Lavender, and Peace & Calming in the diffuser to help her relax (the diffused Thieves was to help with germs). She usually gets "restless rest" when she's sick, but this time was completely different. She slept (the kind of sleep where you drool).


Even though she doesn't really bat an eyelash at those high fevers, they worry me to no end. I can't tell you how amazing it felt to have less worry and more confidence while she was sick. What an enormous relief!

She woke up feeling better this morning, and her fever was under 100 for the whole day. Right before lunch, she said, "Mama, I made you a collage on your iPad from your Insta for taking good care of me." I asked what the theme was. She said, "I think it's called Human Sofany. Wait - what is Human Sofany?"

After looking at it, we both had a good laugh!


Love that little sweetheart to pieces...

And I love Humans of New York!


No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs