188/365

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I have had several people ask how I decided what all we would do on our mini-vacay and how we squeezed it all in.

Two words:
City Pass.

I initially had a $100 budget for tickets, so we were going to tackle the Perot Museum and the Sixth Floor Museum. While I was planning our visit, I stumbled across a link for City Pass, quickly tallied up the savings, and decided to go for it.


I anticipated a few hiccups along the way, and to my surprise, using our City Pass was absolutely hiccup-free and seamless. We saved about 45% on entry fees alone ($4 over budget), and flipping to a new page in the little booklet is what ultimately motivated us to hit all four locations. Two of our coupons were choice coupons - we could have gone to the Zoo instead of the Sixth Floor and we could have visited the Arboretum instead of the Presidential Library.

If you are planning a trip to a major city soon and you want to save $$ on the all the awesome nerdy stuff, be sure to check out their website.


As of today, I have two new goals: first, I want to take the girls to as many of the Presidential Centers as possible, and second, I want to visit all the City Pass cities with them!

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs