183 - 186 of 365

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Hello! I'm a little behind, so this is my catch up post.

The girls and I spent the weekend in Dallas for the 4th - we were on the go the whole time, and I think we can chalk our trip up as a success.

Thursday night while I was packing, I realized I'd be lost without my Young Living Essential Oils. My favorite oil bag holds 12 bottles, and I had to make a difficult decision. Choosing which ones were absolutely "essential" was like trying to pick my favorite kid!


We headed out early Friday morning and made our way to the SMU campus to visit the George W. Bush Presidential Center. To me, it was fun to compare the Bush Center to the LBJ Library since we'd just been a few days prior.


This picture is so special to me - it's of the Baylor Women's basketball team when they won the National Championship in 2005. That's the year Jay was born, and her namesake is actually in this picture!

We went from the museum to our hotel, and the girls apparently have radars for shuffleboard. I think they played shuffleboard longer than they swam in the pool. They're so competitive with each other!


On Saturday, we conquered the Perot Museum of Science and Nature. If you have the chance, you really should go - it is amazing, beautiful, and {bonus} ridiculously educational. I wasn't sure how long the museum would hold the girls' attention - I was thinking 3 hours tops. Five and a half hours, one 3D movie, one 4D experience, and gallons of knowledge later, we decided we were done.


I had no idea there was such thing as an Alamosaurus, but here is one. I call it "Give Me Pensive."


After the Perot Museum, we were ready to kick our feet up. We did that in Reunion Tower, and the view was pretty spectacular.


Our original plan for that night was to venture to something called Kaboom Town for fireworks. Instead, we were worn out and we decided that if we saw fireworks from the pool, we'd be happy and if not, we'd be fine, too. We got so lucky! We had a corner room at our hotel with a view overlooking the whole city. Instead of seeing one fireworks display, we watched 8 different ones - at the same time. It was truly amazing and probably my single most favorite 4th of July ever. I have learned the hard way not to try to catch fireworks pics with my phone, so you'll just have to trust me with the stellar display.

Our last stop this morning was my favorite, and I wasn't sure what the girls would think of it. We went to the Sixth Floor Museum. They were in awe the entire time, and they said they never realized exactly how big of a deal it was. I think this was my seventh or eighth visit to the museum, and it was just as emotional for me today as it was forever ago.


Also, I never thought I'd be so happy to see my girls standing in the middle of a reasonably busy Dallas street. 


We are now back home (Mae is super excited about this - doggie camp wore her out) cheering for the USWNT, and our hearts (and minds) are full. What a great way to spend the 4th!!


Go USA!!!!!

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs