143/365

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Today marked two years from one of the worst things I can imagine happening...on a very personal level. Two years ago, we lost the brother of one of Jay's dearest friends. His mom, who I truly believe is Super Mom, has done a beautiful job of keeping his memory alive.

Today I was running a little late to his memorial, which is seriously out of character for me, and because of the crazy downpour, I missed it...but that sweet family was on my mind and in my heart all day long...all week long.


I had to stop on the side of the road because I honestly couldn't see with all the rain!! I was hoping to Go Fly a Kite for Drake today, but the weather dictated otherwise. As soon as it clears up, kites will be flown!

It's always heart-wrenching when a life is taken too early, and Drake's life is the epitome of that. He was such a talented kid with a genius mind, and the mark he left after twelve short years on earth is one I'll never forget.



No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs