135/365

Friday, May 15, 2015

The last week (or six) has/have been really stressful, and I've been looking forward to my weekends more than usual. Yesterday, a big chunk of my stress was lifted when:
   a) I returned the very last of our STAAR materials to "the cave;"
   b) I returned my office to its normal {upright} position; and
   c) I got to use Clorox wipes on every square inch of my room!
 
What a huge sigh of relief! My cheese is, for the most part, back in its rightful place, and my feathers are at ease.

Therefore, I didn't expect the stress that came with this evening.

The news was yelling at me about the Amtrak crash and the Boston Marathon guy's death sentence and the impending horrible weather and that Bush brother, and all I wanted to do was cook a nice little dinner for my girls. Through no fault of their own, one of them decided that was the perfect time to put the metronome app on the highest volume and one of the faster speeds while the other one played me a concert of all the songs she learned this year.

All.

The.

Songs.

With her recorder.

As loud as possible.

And the first one sang along...and the next thing I knew, I couldn't handle it anymore.

I immediately turned on the diffuser with this sweet combo:


Within a few minutes, we were all calm, cool, collected, full, and settled in for a movie. An acca-awesome movie at that. I seriously can't even begin to tell you how much these oils have done for our little family!

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs