39/365

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Whew, what a weekend! Soccer season has officially commenced, and the girls played a tournament in College Station. This was Cee's team's first time to play "up" in preparation for next year, and they definitely held their own, all things considered.


During our down time, we managed to shop a bit. I'm super proud of J's purchase.


Imagine the things you could do with this straw and a bottle of wine...

We haven't been through Bastrop in almost a year. It has been 3.5 years since the awful, destructive fire, and I am completely humbled by how the trees still look today.


The recovery of this area will take a really long time - up to a full "tree" generation. I'm generally pretty green, but I always surprise myself when I see the charred trunks of these trees year after year. It truly takes my breath away. If you want to learn more about the process, here's an interesting article.

And now, we are preparing to spend the evening vegging in front of the tube watching the Grammy's.

Hope your weekend was fabulous.

Peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs