9/365

Friday, January 9, 2015

Notes.
Books.
Participant Guides.

Oh. My!

I spent my morning in a meeting my nerdy little land of nirvana...absorbing new information, taking notes, and perusing brand new books especially ordered just for me for all the instructional coaches in my district.

Here's a dorky little analogy for you:

Kelly Gallagher : My Nerdy ELA/Reading Crush :: Jim Knight : My Nerdy Instructional Coaching Crush

If you're going to make fun of me for this, now would probably be a pretty ideal opportunity...

This morning I got to take notes and watch delightful video scenarios and TED talks and learn fun new things.
Click for Video
And then, out of nowhere, I got two new books! I love books. I love the way the pages feel as I flip them. I love the smell of them. I love that I can take notes in them. Sure, I can read on screen, but there is no replacement for real books as far as I'm concerned.

Did you notice the author? Getting these books was nearly as good as Christmas. Until I realized that I also got Participant Guides for each of the books (I already owned 1).

Participant Guides.

Participant Guides!!!

To me, participant guides are nearly as good as the book itself. They are basically workbooks to go with the real book!

Read from Real Book.
Stop at Designated Spot.
Think.
Find Corresponding Place in Participant Guide.
WRITE WHAT EVER IT IS YOU ARE THINKING AT THAT MOMENT!

Times two. This is a thing of beauty.

Is it pathetic that nerdy books and participant guides make me more happy than shopping for shoes? Or clothes? Or wine? Or cheese?

If your answer is yes, then let's vow to feel sorry for "people like that..."

If you answer is no, then...you totally get me. And I want to know what your nerdy combination is.

If you need me, I'll be curled up with my favorite mechanical pencils, my highlighters (they're erasable), and my Post-It page markers (which will obviously correspond with my highlighters).

Peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs