3/365 - Texas Weather

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Texas weather can turn on a dime. It was {nearly} freezing earlier this week. Fog. Clouds. Drizzle. And last night, we had a spectacle of a thunder storm that actually caused a house not too far from us to catch fire from a lightning strike. And today? A balmy 64. Just to verify, I typed "high in austin" into Google - not exactly the results I sought...

Today's pictures kind of represent Texas weather.

Jay attended an ice skating birthday party. Good gravy, it was cold in that place!


Luckily, one of her sweet friends had no problem hugging the wall with her the whole time.

Cee's indoor soccer season started today, and since I was helping several 9 and 10 year olds lace their skates, I actually missed all of it. I was SO bummed, but also very appreciative of my friends who took her. And cheered for her. And sent me updates.


Somehow this was the first game Cee has played without a family member there to cheer her on, so I felt like I owed her pizza rolls for lunch.

By around 3:30 this afternoon, it was undeniably fabulous outside and we spent the rest of our day enjoying the brief interlude that was today.




By the time we wake up tomorrow, we will be back to our normal winter weather and we'll be bundled up and snuggled up and we will enjoy our very last day of Christmas break.

It's been a great break, and I think we're all ready to get back into our daily routine instead of staying up late and sleeping in and having brunch.

Wait...who am I kidding?

Oh well, c'est la vie!

Until next time, peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs