I Found It!

Monday, December 22, 2014

For some reason this year, I have had the most difficult time finding my Christmas spirit. It's weird because sometime in mid June, I started dreaming about putting our tree up early...even though it was 105 degrees outside. By the time July rolled around, I had decided that we should leave our tree up - lights and all - year round and decorate it based on the holiday.

A 4th of July Tree!

A Back to School Tree!

A Halloween Tree!

A Fall Tree!

Seriously - I had it all figured out even though it was completely irrational.

Once Thanksgiving Break arrived, though, it was gone. Just gone.

We put up our tree. We took Christmas pictures. We ordered Christmas cards. We bought and wrapped gifts. We made hot cocoa.


Even with these two goofballs by my side, I felt like I was simply going through the motions.

The girls got out of school last Thursday. I worked Friday, and my dad arrived Friday night.

You won't believe what he brought with him. My Christmas spirit!!!

I can't thank him enough. It was so good to see him - we spent some time on South Congress...


I love this picture of them. There is something about this wall at Jo's. If you live in the Austin area, you have to see it. There is something about watching people see the wall for the first time that just lights up my heart - instant smiles...genuine smiles. The kind of smiles where your eyes squint and your teeth show - I just love it.


We listened to lots of live music as we walked around (which put my dad in the smack dab middle of hog heaven), and the girls can never get enough of Home Slice. There were dogs everywhere - both claimed and unclaimed. And nothing says Merry Christmas like a little bit of ringworm!


By Saturday afternoon, it hit me - it finally felt like Christmas! Funny how a family stroll can have that effect. I seriously have the best dad in the world for a million more reasons than him helping me find things I've lost. I'm the luckiest, and so are the girls.


He headed back to Oklahoma yesterday...

Today we had lots of catching up to do, all things considered. We saw Annie (completely adorable!)! I finally finished (and mailed) our Christmas cards - if you usually receive one from us and haven't yet this year, it's because of those bah-hum-bugs I was battling, but rest assured...you should have it soon!


This little lady had an early Christmas this morning - mani/pedi and the most adorable Christmas bling. All of our gifts are wrapped, our tree looks complete, gingerbread houses are done, we have a huge list of things to bake tomorrow and Wednesday, and Christmas Vacation is on the TV.

My heart is happy and full, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the next couple of days.

And I can't resist giving you just a little sneak peek of our Merry Christmas wishes to you this year...


Happiest of holidays to you and yours...enjoy all of your time with friends and family, and I hope your Christmas is perfectly wonderful!

Peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs