39+1

Sunday, December 14, 2014

The last forty days have been a little bit of a blur.

I turned 39+1.
Cee turned 11+1.
And on the dog front, we are -1.

All in all, that leaves us up by one.

I know it sounds weird, but losing Browning is one of the harder things I've dealt with in awhile. Please don't judge me - he was my first kid.

Now that he is gone, our house is a little emptier, a little roomier, and I think we are very near the point of being done with the remnants of dog hair from him. It's bittersweet, and I hope to rid our home of all evidence of murder tail during the Christmas break.

My best girlfriends from college came to Austin to help me ring in #40. I love them with my whole entire heart - 20 years of friendship, weddings, first babies, divorces, more babies, laughter, tears, and everything in between. They are truly the best!


I've been trying to wrap my mind around what it means to be 40. Should I be further along? Should I be doing things differently? I stumbled across this article from the Grey Lady earlier today, and I found most of the answers I was looking for!

The girls and I have 3.5 days of school to conquer this week, and then we are going to kick up our feet, sleep in, and enjoy a couple of weeks at home...and I seriously can't wait!! Neither can they.


Peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs