Little Talks

Sunday, September 28, 2014

In our household, we have some funny conversations. We also have serious conversations, and recently, the girls have become more interested in politics and current events {swoon}. My political perspective falls about half-way in between moderate liberal and super liberal, but I do try really hard to let the girls decide the whats and whys about the issues we discuss.

Also, you should know that 99.9% of the time when Cee asks me a question that involves conversation instead of a yes/no answer, Jay will ask me a nearly identical question anywhere from 14 seconds to a few hours after Cee and I finish talking about this, that, or the other. And then Jay and I have the exact same conversation about this, that, or the other.

Such is life.

This afternoon, Cee and I were discussing politics and she was asking me questions about some of the commercials she's been seeing on TV. After we talked about her questions, she said, "Hmmm...well if you ask me, he sounds like a misogynist."

I asked if she knew what that meant. She said, "Yup - a dude who's rude to women."

Pretty close - I was blown away!! I asked her where she learned the word.

She said, "Pitch Perfect," and then she giggled and so did I.

I guess that's okay because I'm pretty sure I learned it from "Something's Gotta Give."

Then Jay piped up and said, "Wait. A misogynist? That is so funny! Katie and I want to have a beauty salon when we grow up, and we're both going to be misogynists...and stylists...and manicurists!"

Therein lies the difference between a misogynist and a masseuse, and I feel fairly confident that Jay will be asking me Cee's original question in the next hour or two.

On 9/27/13, I had a proud mom Facebook post about Cee making Jump Rope Team and Jay being elected to Student Council for her class.


On Friday, we had a cool little occurrence...the tables turned. Jay made the Jump Rope Team for her school, and Cee was elected to Student Council for her Advisory class.


I'm so proud of the little ladies these two are becoming. Sometimes I wish time would slow down just a smidge, but most of the time I am just amazed by the paths they're carving for themselves.

Alright - off to enjoy the last few hours of this wonderful weekend!

Peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs