Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue...

Friday, July 4, 2014

It's been awhile, so let's go with a simple summer formula for this update...

Old -
My first child is getting old. My fur-kid is no longer a kid. He's something closer to my fur-elder now. He's approximately 102.2 in dog years. Understandably, he's really starting to slow down, and it makes me sad.

Fetch used to mean I'd throw the ball or toy or frisbee or whatever and he would run after it, eager to retrieve it and bring it back to me. Nowadays, fetch is more like I'll throw something and sooner or later he'll get it. Bringing it back to me usually happens after a short nap.

He's 90% blind and has 90% selective deafness, too. The only words he chooses to hear are "food" and "good boy," and that's where we are. I just love him.




He's still the center of our world, and we will keep his golden years the happiest for him!!

New -
When school starts back up in 6 short weeks, I will no longer be in my classroom. I said a bittersweet goodbye to this room a couple of weeks ago...


...and I said hello to my new room!


Instead of teaching kids next year, I will be working with teachers. I am truly going to miss working with kids and getting to know them (and their families), and I can't wait to work along side the amazing teachers on my campus!! As much as I love summer, I can't wait for the school year to start.

Borrowed - 
I'm not sure if borrowed is the exact term I need for this section, but we're going to play along for the sake of my catchy post title. Yesterday, I accidentally took Browning with me to PAWS so we could look at the strays. And what do you know?? We found a little lady named Annie with whom we both fell madly in love.

So we accidentally permanently borrowed her from them and now she's at home with us! There may or may not have been some adoption papers that were signed in the process, but again...semantics.




I just love how she effortlessly pulls off the black eyeliner while keeping it classy and natural instead of all Kardashian or Snookie.

I think Annie, who is now known as Miss Mae,  will be an easy addition for our family, and the girls are completely smitten! I can't wait to see all the tricks they plan to teach her, and I guess we will have to start a special fund for her outfits.

Blue -
There are a couple of things that have me bummed out right now. First, the "Hobby Lobby Decision;" and second, the immigrant children who are crossing the borders.

As far as "Hobby Lobby," I admire all of the Supreme Court Justices, and "respect" doesn't even come close to how I feel about the female Justices and their Opinions, collective or individual.

As for the children who are crossing our borders, I have mixed emotions. As a parent, it is difficult for me to understand the circumstances that would have to be in place in order for me to send my children trekking through the desert, headed for another country. In the same breath, as a parent, I can't wrap my mind around how much I want to help these kids. Like bring a couple of the youngest ones home with me. Which would be completely illogical at this point in my life...

I don't feel informed enough about either of these issues to speak much more about them, but I know where my heart lies with both issues.

So...I guess we're kind of caught up now.

I wish you a wonderful 4th of July and I hope you are able to spend time with your friends, family, and loved ones.

Peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs