Hi.

Friday, June 13, 2014

I'm back.

Is anybody still there?

Sorry I have not written in such a long time.

Let me explain...

The end of the school year was one of the busiest I've ever had. During the last two weeks of school, I was finalizing G/T testing, selecting new WEB Leaders, refining a small presentation with a group of my kids who started a TED-Ed Club, buying teacher presents for Cee and Jay's teachers, buying supplies to make bows for Cee's talent show, assembling a fabulous ensemble for Jay's end-of-the-year Red Carpet party, trying to keep 145 kids engaged in the children's books they were writing, cleaning up my classroom, and preparing myself for a week-long institute (which a: I LOVED and b: ended today).

In between all of that, there were still things to do at home like soccer try outs, making lunches, cooking dinner, doing laundry, tending to the livestock (Browning and Justin Timberlake), and maintaining my plant life.

Whew!!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last two weeks...

Makes me smile.

This does, too.

A story about a very tall little boy who is scared to cross the street.

The story of a monster who wants to be a comedian, but worries he isn't funny enough.

The seed who wanted to bloom...

This one was about love, actually.

The only person who can actually describe the feeling of undecorating your classroom at the end of the school year is a teacher who has had to undecorate their classroom at the end of the school year. Such a great feeling!!


Here are my sweet girls on their last day of 3rd and 5th grade. How did they grow up so fast!?!?


Here's a smidgeon of my summer reading...


And long story short, that's why I have been MIA. 

The first part of next week is filled with more fun, and my summer will officially start next Thursday.

I promise to get back on track after that. Thanks for hanging around, I promise to be a better blogger this summer than I've been over the last month!! In the meantime, I'll be watching the World Cup. 

Peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs