Birthday Fun

Saturday, November 23, 2013

November is a big birthday month for us, starting with me, and followed by Cee and then Browning.

Cee turned 11 on Thursday, and for the life of me, I still can wrap my mind around that. Eleven. Maybe it's because of the Sandra Cisneros story, or maybe it's because ten was huge in itself. Or maybe it's because I still picture her just like this...


This was the first year I haven't woken up with her on her birthday, but I didn't let our "cupcakes for breakfast" tradition fall by the wayside. Everybody deserves a cupcake for breakfast on their birthday!


She had a great day at school (this was the first year since Kindergarten that her birthday didn't fall during the week of Thanksgiving!), and we had a wonderful dinner with family and friends. I think it's safe to say Cee made out like a serious bandit - look at that grin!


Jay was such a good sport about things. It's definitely not easy being the odd man out, but she handled herself like a little champ.

Yesterday, Browning turned 14. Again - I'm still trying to process that because it seems like just yesterday when I had the chubbiest, cutest, 8 week old puppy cuddled in my arms on the car ride home. He decided to celebrate yesterday by rolling in the cold mud outside for what appears to be most of the day.

Time has been very generous to us with this sweet guy. He was the perfect company for hours of Kennedy watching last night, and I'm pretty sure he knows more about the conspiracies than he's willing to reveal.




Tonight the celebrations continue - Cee has invited a few friends over for a slumber party. Final preparations are in place, and we're looking forward to a fun night!!

Peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs