call me crazy

Monday, January 28, 2013

i had a super long day at work today.

as in twelve hours long.

i know this is completely normal for many people, but i am definitely not cut out for days like this, and i freely admit it.

ten hours? sure.

eleven hours? why not?

eleven hours and one minute? that's pushing it, and anywhere beyond that gets treacherous.

of course it was for a good reason, but the fact remains that i don't do well for extended periods of time. endurance isn't my thing. i'm a sprinter at heart (and i mean that in a very figurative way).

but there was a little slice of happiness that came my way today, and please, please, please do not judge me for this.

i got my w-2.

which means i can do my taxes.

i.

love.

doing.

my.

taxes.

love it.

i start itching to do my taxes around mid december every year, and then i painstakingly wait for january 31st to arrive, and i realize this makes me completely different than 98.4% of america. it's just one of those things i adore checking off of my list each year.

guess what?

as of right now, everything is done on my taxes, except for my 1098-t form from the university of texas/arlington.

it seems like lots of people are waiting on uta to get things done...myself included.

in the meantime, i have to share my annual tax amusement with you.


if i was an artist, i would title this jpeg 'really, turbo tax? what part of single mom and teacher is unclear to you with this picture?'

for some reason, this question always, always makes me laugh. i can never click 'no' quick enough to appease myself, but it's all part of the process.

april 15th will be here before you know it, so don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today (however, if you're waiting on uta, then you're at their mercy like me).

peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs