rave reviews

Sunday, August 12, 2012

i think awareness of my frame of mind is essential to the success (or failure) of anything i start.

with that said, mama o (whose 'about me' is way beyond stellar) sent me a text a couple of weeks ago with a picture of a book cover and the words,

'go get this on your kindle. right now.'

because she's mama o and because she always knows, i did exactly what she said.

the cover made me wax nostalgic about my timberland hiking boots that i wore almost every day during my first two years of college, and even though i downloaded it within minutes of the text, i couldn't get my mind in the right place to start a new book...until last night.

now i can't put it down, and i'm having trouble focusing on other things. it's so, so good!

before i dove into the book, there was something else that was really taking a lot of my time: a new website i found (and when i say new, i obviously mean new to me because i'm rarely cool enough to know about 'new' when it's actually new)...

it's called houzz.

it's pretty groovy, and if you have a few hours to kill by way of looking at all things related to home remodeling and redesigning, this is really going to float your boat!


in a very strange way, playing around on this website has made me reassess some of my goals...funny how that happens, right?

there's another book i'm looking forward to reading next month - it hits the stands on september 4. ever heard of the happiness project? well, she has a new book coming out called happier at home. i am so excited for its release! 

alright - summer is winding down, and tomorrow starts two things:
1) our last week of summer 2012, and 2) my second-to-last class in grad school!! summer's end is always a little bittersweet, but at the same time, i'm looking forward to getting back into our school year routine.

in the meantime, back to reading i go...you should check out wild if you're in need of a good book!

peace...

2 comments :

Mama O. said...

Okay, DAC, that was just the kick in the booty that I needed. Double dog dare accepted. After I load the dishwasher. And clean up from the sleepover. And finish watering the garden. Love you!

it's just me... said...

yippie!!! what's growing in the garden? love you, too...

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs