missed boats

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

do you ever, at the end of a really long day, realize that you missed the boat?

because that totally just happened to me.

i'm not the type to put all of my eggs in the horoscope basket, but i do check my horoscope from time to time...just in case.

tonight was one of those nights where it occurred to me to check my horoscope, and obviously, i missed the boat.

here's what my horoscope for today said:

'today is your day, scorpio. you don't have to be dressed in fancy tights and a cape to make an important difference in someone's life. step up to the plate even if it isn't your turn at bat.'

reading that in the morning would probably make you extra aware of opportunities where you could help someone out a little bit.

reading it after a day which was completely normal and uneventful (i wrote a paper, made a powerpoint, and got new highlights)...different story.


regardless of the boats i missed today, the situation reminded me of one of my most favorite pieces of art...

curly girl designs
which reminded me that any day can be a hero kind of day, and i don't need to feel bad about missing today's boat as long as i have a tiara in my possession (which i don't) and the opportunity to help people when they need it most...

it also reminded me that i have several fun gifts to purchase, and curly girl never disappoints. :)

peace...

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs