which came first?

Friday, May 25, 2012

it's a fair question: which came first, the chicken or the egg?

i'm not really up for a philosophical debate right now, but while i was pondering this question today, the magazine aisle of heb seemed to be hinting at an answer for me...

the girls left for the beach with their dad today, so i decided it would be a great afternoon to pick up a few magazines. while perusing my options, i couldn't help but notice this:


so many questions popped into my mind...does this magazine really have a readership? is it regional? is it legit? and most importantly, why have i never heard of it?

as i pushed my buggy down the aisle, i caught sight of even more areas of interest:


this prompted even more questions...are poultry limited to your backyard for this publication? how big is your backyard? is your hoa alright with poultry (because mine isn't)? did someone put the shark book behind the duck and chicks on purpose or by accident? and finally a trivia question: what was the name of chandler and joey's chick on friends?

and then i dove into the meat of my question of the day: which came first: the 24-year old girlfriend or the ex-husband/ex-wife issues? all i'm going to say is that jay was feeling under the weather and her dad made a deal with me that if i got a half-day sub today, he would pick her up from me before 10 am so i could get to school and take care of 'stuff' (like educating 120 students who comprise a small percentage of america's future).

and somewhere between point a and point b, he felt comfortable enough to ask if the 24-year old could just 'hang out at my house for awhile with jay' because he had an appointment for a massage.

ummmm....what?

and most importantly - no.

the audacity is beyond annoying at this point, but i'm trying to be graceful about it...

...let's just say it's getting more difficult each day. with that said, i will do whatever i need to do (within reason, of course) to keep my girls happy and in a good place because these smiles are my world!



which, in a round-about-way, brings us back to the original question: which came first, the chicken or the egg?

i'm still not sure and i'm still not in a philosophical mode, but i do know that i have a nest full of these on my porch...


i am very curious as to the source of the fluffy white fur lining the nest...this might be a mystery that i don't solve.

i have a turbulent weekend ahead of me: i'm going to paint my bathroom!! i know - i am such a wild child.

my assignments are done, my toe is better, there's no soccer tomorrow, a glass of wine is calling my name, and there's an ambien on my nightstand...so until next time...

peace!

2 comments :

Mama O. said...

Okay. And not in any order:
1. How awesome is it that the chicken magazine gave you such a nice compliment?
2. You're about to be a grandma! I'm so pleased. And that white fur looks feline.
3. You are a VERY NICE PERSON, but that behavior is turning from anomaly to habit. Homie don't play. All I'm saying'.
4. Love u!

it's just me... said...

The irony made me giggle: feline fur being used as protection for the eggs.... :) Love you, too, dude.

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs