cheers!

Monday, May 28, 2012

you know that feeling you get when you realize you picked the perfect color of paint? i've been reveling in that feeling for the last 24 hours and it is fabulous!

everybody has skeletons in their closet, and my most annoying one was my bathroom. it was blue...and not in a good way. it has been the proverbial thorn in my side since i bought my house, and tackling it seemed like such a daunting task. i'm too embarrassed to post a full picture of the horror that it was, so here's a corner peek...

i know - it's bad.
i finally decided to tackle the blue beast!! it took lots of primer, and my neck has a permanent kink in it now...


 but it's primarily done, and i am on cloud nine about it!! the color? wait for it...it's two of the greatest things - combined into one!!!

champagne

+

glee

=

champagne glee!!!

honestly it was love at first sight with the color, and once i saw the name, the deal was sealed.

before i could get started, i did have a major 'wrong' to 'right' in the home improvement department...




...and i took care of that yesterday. let me tell you - it will never be 'easy' for me to navigate my way through home depot or lowe's or any other home improvement store. in fact, being out of my comfort zone is one of the must frustrating things for me. not knowing where the drill bits are...not knowing exactly which one i need when i find them 20 minutes later...not knowing where those plastic thingies-that-go-in-the-wall-before-the-screw reside...having to ask for help.

ughhh...annoying beyond words for me.

anyway...if you remember, i have a broken toe right now. also i don't own a ladder. as i was tottering precariously along my counter and the ledge of my tub while i painted, i wondered more than once what i would do if i fell: would i protect my toe or the rest of my body?

luckily, i didn't have to answer that question, but while i was not-so-gracefully leaping from one side of the counter to the other, i thought, 'this is how people die.'


in my perfect world, i would have another picture to show you of the same corner of my bathroom...bathed in champagne glee!!


however, thanks to my broken toe, i have a new-found affection for the term 'a little rough around the edges.'

translation: i couldn't reach the ceiling to tape where the wall meets the ceiling, and it's not quite camera-ready just yet. 


instead, here's a sneak peak, post handy-work with the drill and new bit that took me 20 minutes to find:

voila!
i know this picture doesn't do it justice, but i'm still over-the-moon giddy about the color. if there were more things i my house i needed to paint right now, i would probably paint them in champagne glee. if you need anything in your house painted, i highly recommend champagne glee!

okay - that's all for now.

cheers!!!

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs